Here are some images of Gua Sha in our clinic.
A few things to remember:
1) Gua Sha will always be done lightly enough that it feels right to you. Never more. Most often people find the sensation pleasant and the results are often immediate and significant!
2) The marks will be darker the first time you do Gua Sha and will be darker around the site of injury or stasis. They will get lighter as the tissue heals, as the area is unblocked and the circulation is improved
3) The marks will last longer the first time, sometimes up to a week. With successive treatments they will last less long and eventually will stop appearing at all.
4) The marks left by Gua Sha are often strange to people who have not seen them before. This means that if you have people who may be worried about you or concerned when they see the marks, please let them know ahead of time. If you would like to refer anyone to our clinic who would like to know more please ask them to contact us.
5) If you have any questions at any time, or would like to know if Gua Sha is right for you, please contact us.